Back with another Hackintosh post. Haven't been here since January! Dayam.
I recently upgraded my audio interface from a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 to an Apollo Twin Duo MKII Thunderbolt. Quite the upgrade - I'm super happy with it so far. I track a lot of vocals and guitar (both electric and acoustic), and I was starting to have some pops with my Scarlett when recording. Super annoying.
I'm feeling lazy to make this post good. Just wanted to add some notes for posterity's sake. Thunderbolt was not working with my current set up. My motherboard is GA-Z97X-UD7-TH.
Steps to get things working:
- Make sure Thunderbolt is disabled in the BIOS
- Boot into Windows (Yes, unfortunately you need to have dual boot w/ windows ready)
- Install the drivers for Thunderbolt in Windows
- Reboot and enable Thunderbolt in the BIOS
- Boot back into Windows and install the software for the Apollo Twin
- Once it works in Windows, reboot back into OSX and it should work!